This page will be updated with new and relevant resources as they become available. If you have information you’d like to share with the Clinton County business community regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MASK SIGNAGE – FREE DIGITAL TOOLKIT
Do you need mask signage for your business or organization?? Check out our FREE digital toolkit to print a variety of COVID-safety oriented signs for your business! If you have any issues with the files or printing needs, please contact the Chamber directly at email@example.com or 937-728-7075.
NEW (2.11.21) – VACCINE GUIDANCE AND RESOURCES
As part of its Reopening Business Digital Resources Center, the U.S. Chamber has added a new component—titled Vaccine Guidance and Resources—to provide you with the latest updates and information regarding COVID-19 vaccine development, prioritization, and distribution.
Please click here to view the new Vaccine Guidance and Resources component, which includes the following items:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Guide and FAQs: A primer on vaccine allocation, prioritization, and timelines from the U.S. Chamber.
- GIPC’s Discover and Deliver Map: An interactive map to see what kind of COVID-19 research is going on in your community.
- Tracker on Phased Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccines from the National Governors Association (NGA): A tracker providing
information on state and territorial plans for phased allocation of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Vaccine Finder: An online portal to help get communities get connected to vaccine providers once COVID-19 vaccination is widely available to the public
Click here for additional vaccine guidance and resources.
ACCURATE COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) page:
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Resource page
- ODH Call Center: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (Staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day)
- Ohio’s Responsible RestartOhio Plan
- Clinton County Coronavirus Response Hub: www.covidcc.com
DISASTER LOAN ASSISTANCE/ECONOMIC RELIEF:
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN:
- APPLY HERE: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
- Guide to the EIDL Loan for Small Businesses, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM:
EMPLOYEE RETENTION TAX CREDIT/TAX RELIEF:
- FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under the CARES Act, from the IRS
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit, by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Additional COVID-19 Tax Relief, from the IRS
OTHER RELIEF RESOURCES:
- Independent Contractor Guide, from the US Chamber of Commerce
- The Office of Small Business Relief (OSBR)
- JobsOhio and Bank Partners offer Expanded Lending Support
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits Resource Hubs
- Backgrounder on Unemployment Insurance under the CARES Act, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAID SICK LEAVE AND FMLA:
- Information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-1 by the US Dept of Labor
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements: Fact Sheet for Employers
- Paid Leave Programs Guide for Employers, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
OTHER WORKFORCE RESOURCES:
- OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-1
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions by Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TOOLKIT:
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide – lots of great articles and resources for small businesses!
- Customizable Coronavirus Prevention Poster
- Resilience in a Box – If your business needs help putting a plan in place, click here to use the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – For more resources, including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please click here.
LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL BUSINESS UPDATES AND RESOURCE ARTICLES:
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 30TH - APRIL 3RD
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 22ND - MARCH 27TH
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 16TH - MARCH 20TH
- CARES Act Relief for Residential Landlords and Tenants
- BWC changes impacting employer programs
- Finance Fund Announces COVID-19 Emergency Response Loan
- COVID-19 Job Search Resource
- Ohio Stay at Home Order Extended Through May 1
- IRS Issues Guidance on Required Documentation Necessary to Obtain Tax Credits
- COVID-19 Checklist for Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures
- COVID-19 Update: PPE Manufacturing, Testing Order, Click and Connect, Foreclosure Prevention
- OhioMeansJobs-Clinton County is still available to assist during COVID-19
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
- March 27th WCC Chamber Digital Lunch And Learn Follow-up
- Chamber Member Discounts Savings and Services during COVID-19
- Stimulus Webinars for Businesses and Individuals
- An Update From State Senator Bob Peterson
- COVID-19 got employees stuck at home? Assign Online Safety Training!
- Don’t Let Thieves Snatch Your COVID-19 Stimulus Money
- Protecting the Essential Worker From COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Law Update: 3/30/2020
- BWC waives employer program requirements amid COVID-19 concerns
- OSHA’s Guidance on COVID-19 Planning
- Ohio Banks offering COVID Solutions to Customers
- Step-By-Step SBA Loan Application Video
- CARES Act Summary
- Personal Protective Equipment Needed; New COVID-19 Data Dashboard Unveiled
- UPDATE: SBA LOAN APPLICATION PROCESS
- SBA LOAN WEBINAR: RECAP & TIPS
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- BWC Updates: Claims while Working at Home & Telemedicine for Injured Workers
- What can private businesses do to help to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Workers’ Comp Guidelines for Work-at-Home Employees
- OHIO BUREAU OF WORKERS COMPENSATION DEFERRAL
- City of Wilmington COVID-19 Response Plan: 3/23/2020
- COVID-19 – Group Health Insurance Plans Important Updates
- EMA Seeking Volunteers
- NEW OHIO WEBSITE FOR BUSINESS RESOURCES
- STAY AT HOME ORDER EFFECTIVE 11:59PM, MARCH 23RD
- PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- TELEHEALTH FOR MEDICAID RECIPIENTS: 3/19/20
- Clinton County Updates: 3/20/20
- BWC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- RETRAINING OPTIONS FOR DISPLACED WORKERS
- County launches of the Coronavirus Response Hub—CovidCC.com
- Ohio Small Businesses Now Eligible for U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- AG Yost Warns of an Outbreak of Scams Related to Coronavirus
- COVID from an OSHA perspective: 3/23/20 Webinar
- Disaster Help Desk for Business
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program
- TechCred Program
- SharedWork Ohio Program: a Voluntary Layoff Aversion Initiative
- COVID STATEMENT FROM THE CLINTON CO. COMMISSIONERS: 3/17/20
- Here are 5 steps you can take today:
- Governor DeWine Announces Additional Temporary Business Closures: 3/18/20
- What Unemployment Benefits Are My Employees Eligible for Given the Changes Due to the Coronavirus?
In response to a court ruling in early August that invalidated certain regulations by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) related to leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), the DOL has released revised regulations, which took effect September...
BWC delivers second dividend this year to ease COVID-19 impact Frequently Asked Questions for Employers Why is BWC giving a dividend? We are issuing a dividend of up to $1.5 billion to ease the financial pressures your organization may be experiencing amid the...
By Don Lipsy, AVP, National Technical Compliance, Managed Care, Sedgwick The inarguable fact of COVID-19 is that the coronavirus itself has been an indiscriminate and equal-opportunity tragedy on a global scale. Women and men, young and old, across the world...
By Gary Hanson Safety unfortunately is not always an employee’s top individual priority. They take their safety for granted or they think accidents happen to other employees. Many times, during the day they may let outside factors influence their decision making...
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority has launched an Emergency Loan Fund (ELF), to provide short- to mid-term loans to local businesses impacted by the pandemic. “Locally, our small businesses have worked diligently to react to the new business...
Governor Mike DeWine yesterday signed House Bill 606 into law. House Bill 606 ensures civil immunity to individuals, schools, health care providers, businesses, and other entities from lawsuits arising from exposure, transmission, or contraction of COVID-19, or any...
The Clinton County Port Authority Receives Local Community Impact Grant from Duke Energy Foundation The Clinton County Port Authority was invited to apply for a Duke Energy Local Community Impact Grant earlier in the year, and recently received notification that it...
THOMAS GALBRAITH HEATING, COOLING AND PLUMBING MAKING $60,000 IN DONATIONS AS PART OF SUMMER OF GIVING INITIATIVE
FAIRFIELD, Ohio - Thomas Galbraith Heating, Cooling and Plumbing, a leading provider of heating, cooling and plumbing services, is donating $60,000 to charitable organizations as part of its Summer of Giving initiative. The company, which operates Williams Comfort...
“You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” ~Jon Kabat-Zinn We all know that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an escalating global health concern. CareWorks Comp will continue to support our clients’ workers’ compensation and unemployment...
There’s no need to travel – sit back, relax and enjoy a front row seat while we bring the experts to you. Although our methods may have changed, Ohio EPA remains committed to assisting businesses, communities and environmental professionals with their environmental...
August 31, 2020: CITY OF WILMINGTON Mayor John Stanforth announced a new Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program from funds made available through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). “Our small businesses drive our local...
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans Available in Ohio Following Secretary of Agriculture Disaster Declaration for Excessive Moisture and Cold Temperatures
The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that Working Capital Disaster Loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and private nonprofit organizations located in Ohio as a result of...
We have great news: our new-look website at bwc.ohio.gov is now live! Once you’ve gotten used to the layout, we hope you will find it much easier to access the information you need. “Our redesigned site provides a dynamic look and feel, more intuitive navigation...
The Ohio EPA is offering two upcoming webinar events for the business community. The first is thru Ohio EPA’s Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance (DEFA) webinar series focused on environmental issues that have an impact at the local level. The...
Reopening of Adult Day Care/Senior Centers, New Testing Initiative, BWC Dividend and Mask Distribution, PPE for Boards of Election
UPDATED COUNTY RISK LEVELS Governor DeWine today released this week's Ohio Public Health Advisory System map. New health data compiled by the Ohio Department of Health indicates that nine counties currently have a very high risk of exposure and spread. "Ohio continues...
Ohio Business Magazine Recognizes Outstanding Workplaces (Wilmington, Ohio) Annually, Ohio Business Magazine sends out the call to organizations throughout the state of Ohio, looking for the Best Workplaces. In its fifth year of recognizing for-profit,...
A federal court in New York recently struck down four federal Department of Labor (DOL) rules related to the leaves provided by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). As a result, certain aspects of the FFCRA are now more favorable to employees....
ServiceMaster introduces Goldshield, 90 day surface protection. How Legionnaires Disease can affect a buildings water supply. Pre Loss Planning - READ THE AUGUST NEWSLETTER HERE
We all know that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an escalating global health concern. CareWorks Comp will continue to support our clients’ workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation needs. For the most current and up-to-date information from the...
TechCred: Today Lt. Governor Husted announced that 302 Ohio companies have been approved for TechCred funding, which will help them upskill their current and incoming workforce. The next TechCred application period opened today, August 4th, and will run through August...