This page will be updated with new and relevant resources as they become available. If you have information you’d like to share with the Clinton County business community regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MASK SIGNAGE – FREE DIGITAL TOOLKIT
Do you need mask signage for your business or organization?? Check out our FREE digital toolkit to print a variety of COVID-safety oriented signs for your business! If you have any issues with the files or printing needs, please contact the Chamber directly at email@example.com or 937-728-7075.
NEW (2.11.21) – VACCINE GUIDANCE AND RESOURCES
As part of its Reopening Business Digital Resources Center, the U.S. Chamber has added a new component—titled Vaccine Guidance and Resources—to provide you with the latest updates and information regarding COVID-19 vaccine development, prioritization, and distribution.
Please click here to view the new Vaccine Guidance and Resources component, which includes the following items:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Guide and FAQs: A primer on vaccine allocation, prioritization, and timelines from the U.S. Chamber.
- GIPC’s Discover and Deliver Map: An interactive map to see what kind of COVID-19 research is going on in your community.
- Tracker on Phased Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccines from the National Governors Association (NGA): A tracker providing
information on state and territorial plans for phased allocation of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Vaccine Finder: An online portal to help get communities get connected to vaccine providers once COVID-19 vaccination is widely available to the public
Click here for additional vaccine guidance and resources.
ACCURATE COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) page:
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Resource page
- ODH Call Center: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (Staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day)
- Ohio’s Responsible RestartOhio Plan
- Clinton County Coronavirus Response Hub: www.covidcc.com
DISASTER LOAN ASSISTANCE/ECONOMIC RELIEF:
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN:
- APPLY HERE: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
- Guide to the EIDL Loan for Small Businesses, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM:
EMPLOYEE RETENTION TAX CREDIT/TAX RELIEF:
- FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under the CARES Act, from the IRS
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit, by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Additional COVID-19 Tax Relief, from the IRS
OTHER RELIEF RESOURCES:
- Independent Contractor Guide, from the US Chamber of Commerce
- The Office of Small Business Relief (OSBR)
- JobsOhio and Bank Partners offer Expanded Lending Support
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits Resource Hubs
- Backgrounder on Unemployment Insurance under the CARES Act, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAID SICK LEAVE AND FMLA:
- Information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-1 by the US Dept of Labor
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements: Fact Sheet for Employers
- Paid Leave Programs Guide for Employers, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
OTHER WORKFORCE RESOURCES:
- OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-1
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions by Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TOOLKIT:
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide – lots of great articles and resources for small businesses!
- Customizable Coronavirus Prevention Poster
- Resilience in a Box – If your business needs help putting a plan in place, click here to use the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – For more resources, including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please click here.
LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL BUSINESS UPDATES AND RESOURCE ARTICLES:
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 30TH - APRIL 3RD
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 22ND - MARCH 27TH
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 16TH - MARCH 20TH
- CARES Act Relief for Residential Landlords and Tenants
- BWC changes impacting employer programs
- Finance Fund Announces COVID-19 Emergency Response Loan
- COVID-19 Job Search Resource
- Ohio Stay at Home Order Extended Through May 1
- IRS Issues Guidance on Required Documentation Necessary to Obtain Tax Credits
- COVID-19 Checklist for Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures
- COVID-19 Update: PPE Manufacturing, Testing Order, Click and Connect, Foreclosure Prevention
- OhioMeansJobs-Clinton County is still available to assist during COVID-19
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
- March 27th WCC Chamber Digital Lunch And Learn Follow-up
- Chamber Member Discounts Savings and Services during COVID-19
- Stimulus Webinars for Businesses and Individuals
- An Update From State Senator Bob Peterson
- COVID-19 got employees stuck at home? Assign Online Safety Training!
- Don’t Let Thieves Snatch Your COVID-19 Stimulus Money
- Protecting the Essential Worker From COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Law Update: 3/30/2020
- BWC waives employer program requirements amid COVID-19 concerns
- OSHA’s Guidance on COVID-19 Planning
- Ohio Banks offering COVID Solutions to Customers
- Step-By-Step SBA Loan Application Video
- CARES Act Summary
- Personal Protective Equipment Needed; New COVID-19 Data Dashboard Unveiled
- UPDATE: SBA LOAN APPLICATION PROCESS
- SBA LOAN WEBINAR: RECAP & TIPS
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- BWC Updates: Claims while Working at Home & Telemedicine for Injured Workers
- What can private businesses do to help to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Workers’ Comp Guidelines for Work-at-Home Employees
- OHIO BUREAU OF WORKERS COMPENSATION DEFERRAL
- City of Wilmington COVID-19 Response Plan: 3/23/2020
- COVID-19 – Group Health Insurance Plans Important Updates
- EMA Seeking Volunteers
- NEW OHIO WEBSITE FOR BUSINESS RESOURCES
- STAY AT HOME ORDER EFFECTIVE 11:59PM, MARCH 23RD
- PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- TELEHEALTH FOR MEDICAID RECIPIENTS: 3/19/20
- Clinton County Updates: 3/20/20
- BWC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- RETRAINING OPTIONS FOR DISPLACED WORKERS
- County launches of the Coronavirus Response Hub—CovidCC.com
- Ohio Small Businesses Now Eligible for U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- AG Yost Warns of an Outbreak of Scams Related to Coronavirus
- COVID from an OSHA perspective: 3/23/20 Webinar
- Disaster Help Desk for Business
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program
- TechCred Program
- SharedWork Ohio Program: a Voluntary Layoff Aversion Initiative
- COVID STATEMENT FROM THE CLINTON CO. COMMISSIONERS: 3/17/20
- Here are 5 steps you can take today:
- Governor DeWine Announces Additional Temporary Business Closures: 3/18/20
- What Unemployment Benefits Are My Employees Eligible for Given the Changes Due to the Coronavirus?
NEW ZIP CODE DASHBOARD On November 12th, Governor DeWine announced the creation of a new zip code dashboard. Ohioans can now view data from their local communities and filter data by probable or confirmed case status, county, a specific zip code, or a specific time...
As the weather turns colder and social distancing mandates remain in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, many service industry partners who previously utilized outdoor areas to allow patrons to spread out are now looking for ways to provide greater...
Governor DeWine Calls on Ohioans to Recommit to Safety Practices, Announces New Mask, Social Distancing Orders
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)— In a statewide address to Ohioans Wednesday evening, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine called on citizens to recommit to their individual efforts to prevent coronavirus spread as Ohio moves through its most intense, widespread, and dangerous surge of cases...
The Clinton County Board of Commissioners, in partnership with the Clinton County Port Authority, will be distributing financial assistance to aid small businesses in Clinton County in need of relief from the COVID- 19 crisis. Eligible small businesses can apply for...
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine was joined by Lt. Governor Jon Husted today to request the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) send up to $5 billion in dividends to Ohio employers to ease the continued financial impact from the COVID-19 pandemic....
BWC is hosting a number of occupational safety and health webinars and virtual classes in November including: Weekly Webinars - Combustible Dust Hazard Analysis – What Is It & How Can You Prepare for It? “Selling Safety” and Why It’s Important...
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Wilmington Air Park was ranked the highest volume airport in Ohio for cargo shipped for 12 consecutive months ended July 2020. That volume also makes it the 33rd busiest airport in the United States based on pounds of freight transiting the...
The Ohio Business Matchmaker – Ohio’s largest small business-to-government contracting event – has been rescheduled for Nov. 17-18 as an online event. The pandemic forced the postponement of the Matchmaker in April, but the online platform will allow business owners...
Starting and running a business is a challenge, and more than half fail in the first four years. The economic volatility of recent COVID-19 disruption has amplified confusion, anxiety, and fear. A six-session virtual course in financial management can give...
By Ken Tysiac, October 9, 2020 Recipients of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans of $50,000 or less will be able to apply for forgiveness using a simplified application that was released Thursday by Treasury and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). A...
No matter what challenges you’re facing, Sedgwick is with you every step of the way. As the parent company of the CompManagement and CareWorks companies, we are here for you. We’re keeping up with shifting trends, updating you on the latest news, sharing...
Wilmington addresses stormwater and wastewater issues WILMINGTON, OH - The City of Wilmington is addressing a two-pronged problem with a multi-faceted solution. Many people don’t realize there are two networks of pipes draining water from homes and businesses – one...
A first look at the new forgiveness application now available to businesses with the smallest Paycheck Protection Program loans. BY DIANA RANSOM, FEATURES EDITOR, INC. The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering to make it even easier to apply for PPP loan...
Ohio Business Magazine Announces Inaugural “Best in Ohio Business” Awards (Wilmington, Ohio) The Wilmington Air Park was recently named the Best Airport in Ohio by Ohio Business Magazine, in its “Best in Ohio Business” Awards. In its announcement, the magazine noted:...
Ohio’s Largest Small Business-to-Government Contracting Event Is Going Virtual! When: Tuesday, November 17 and 18, 2020 Where: Online Platform Why Should I Attend? The 2020 Ohio Business Matchmaker is an opportunity for small businesses to meet virtually...
LaRose Provides New Update on Early Voting and Absentee Ballot Request Data COLUMBUS – With 21 days until Election Day, Ohioans are showing up to vote early in record numbers – with triple the number of Ohioans voting at early voting centers across Ohio compared to...
At the end of September Lt. Governor Husted announced an opportunity for Ohioans who are low income, partially unemployed, or totally unemployed to earn tech-focused credentials at no cost. The Individual Microcredential Assistance Program (IMAP) program reimburses...
“Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” ~Confucius We all know that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an escalating global health concern. CareWorks Comp will continue to support our clients’ workers’ compensation and...
BWC’s Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH) continues our series of free webinars covering a variety of workplace safety topics. Below is a list of dates and topics, including a link to register for the October webinars. Oct. 6 – [Replay] Emergency Action Plan – What...