This page will be updated with new and relevant resources as they become available. If you have information you’d like to share with the Clinton County business community regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MASK SIGNAGE – FREE DIGITAL TOOLKIT
Do you need mask signage for your business or organization?? Check out our FREE digital toolkit to print a variety of COVID-safety oriented signs for your business! If you have any issues with the files or printing needs, please contact the Chamber directly at email@example.com or 937-728-7075.
ACCURATE COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) page:
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Resource page
- ODH Call Center: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (Staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day)
- Ohio’s Responsible RestartOhio Plan
- Clinton County Coronavirus Response Hub: www.covidcc.com
DISASTER LOAN ASSISTANCE/ECONOMIC RELIEF:
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN:
- APPLY HERE: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
- Guide to the EIDL Loan for Small Businesses, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM:
EMPLOYEE RETENTION TAX CREDIT/TAX RELIEF:
- FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under the CARES Act, from the IRS
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit, by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Additional COVID-19 Tax Relief, from the IRS
OTHER RELIEF RESOURCES:
- Independent Contractor Guide, from the US Chamber of Commerce
- The Office of Small Business Relief (OSBR)
- JobsOhio and Bank Partners offer Expanded Lending Support
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits Resource Hubs
- Backgrounder on Unemployment Insurance under the CARES Act, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAID SICK LEAVE AND FMLA:
- Information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-1 by the US Dept of Labor
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements: Fact Sheet for Employers
- Paid Leave Programs Guide for Employers, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
OTHER WORKFORCE RESOURCES:
- OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-1
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions by Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TOOLKIT:
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide – lots of great articles and resources for small businesses!
- Customizable Coronavirus Prevention Poster
- Resilience in a Box – If your business needs help putting a plan in place, click here to use the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – For more resources, including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please click here.
LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL BUSINESS UPDATES AND RESOURCE ARTICLES:
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 30TH - APRIL 3RD
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 22ND - MARCH 27TH
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 16TH - MARCH 20TH
- CARES Act Relief for Residential Landlords and Tenants
- BWC changes impacting employer programs
- Finance Fund Announces COVID-19 Emergency Response Loan
- COVID-19 Job Search Resource
- Ohio Stay at Home Order Extended Through May 1
- IRS Issues Guidance on Required Documentation Necessary to Obtain Tax Credits
- COVID-19 Checklist for Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures
- COVID-19 Update: PPE Manufacturing, Testing Order, Click and Connect, Foreclosure Prevention
- OhioMeansJobs-Clinton County is still available to assist during COVID-19
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
- March 27th WCC Chamber Digital Lunch And Learn Follow-up
- Chamber Member Discounts Savings and Services during COVID-19
- Stimulus Webinars for Businesses and Individuals
- An Update From State Senator Bob Peterson
- COVID-19 got employees stuck at home? Assign Online Safety Training!
- Don’t Let Thieves Snatch Your COVID-19 Stimulus Money
- Protecting the Essential Worker From COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Law Update: 3/30/2020
- BWC waives employer program requirements amid COVID-19 concerns
- OSHA’s Guidance on COVID-19 Planning
- Ohio Banks offering COVID Solutions to Customers
- Step-By-Step SBA Loan Application Video
- CARES Act Summary
- Personal Protective Equipment Needed; New COVID-19 Data Dashboard Unveiled
- UPDATE: SBA LOAN APPLICATION PROCESS
- SBA LOAN WEBINAR: RECAP & TIPS
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- BWC Updates: Claims while Working at Home & Telemedicine for Injured Workers
- What can private businesses do to help to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Workers’ Comp Guidelines for Work-at-Home Employees
- OHIO BUREAU OF WORKERS COMPENSATION DEFERRAL
- City of Wilmington COVID-19 Response Plan: 3/23/2020
- COVID-19 – Group Health Insurance Plans Important Updates
- EMA Seeking Volunteers
- NEW OHIO WEBSITE FOR BUSINESS RESOURCES
- STAY AT HOME ORDER EFFECTIVE 11:59PM, MARCH 23RD
- PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- TELEHEALTH FOR MEDICAID RECIPIENTS: 3/19/20
- Clinton County Updates: 3/20/20
- BWC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- RETRAINING OPTIONS FOR DISPLACED WORKERS
- County launches of the Coronavirus Response Hub—CovidCC.com
- Ohio Small Businesses Now Eligible for U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- AG Yost Warns of an Outbreak of Scams Related to Coronavirus
- COVID from an OSHA perspective: 3/23/20 Webinar
- Disaster Help Desk for Business
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program
- TechCred Program
- SharedWork Ohio Program: a Voluntary Layoff Aversion Initiative
- COVID STATEMENT FROM THE CLINTON CO. COMMISSIONERS: 3/17/20
- Here are 5 steps you can take today:
- Governor DeWine Announces Additional Temporary Business Closures: 3/18/20
- What Unemployment Benefits Are My Employees Eligible for Given the Changes Due to the Coronavirus?
A Note on Requiring COVID-19 Vaccines With COVID-19 vaccinations underway and widespread availability in sight, many employers want to know whether they can require their employees to get the vaccine. While recent EEOC guidance implies that they expect many employers...
A new $900 billion coronavirus relief bill became law and answers the question of whether federal Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Emergency Family and Medical Leave (EFMLA) will be extended. The answer is yes, but it’s an option, not a requirement. Here’s what...
Earlier this month, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) updated its COVID-19 technical assistance with new information on vaccinations. With the rollout of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, the EEOC’s new guidance is welcome information regarding...
“We must all suffer from one of two pains. Either the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. You’ve got to choose discipline, versus regret, because discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs tons.” ~Jim Rohn Deadline Approaching: Group Retrospective Enrollment...
We are excited to share the news that CareWorks of Ohio, Ltd. (CareWorks MCO), is merging with CompManagement Health Systems, Inc. (CompManagement MCO) effective Monday, December 21, 2020. This merger will accompany a name change to Sedgwick Managed Care Ohio...
On December 14, 2020, the first Americans began receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, and approximately 3 million doses will be distributed nationwide in the coming weeks. Most states, including Ohio, have designed a program for distribution of the vaccines in phases to...
Governor DeWine announced 12/14/2020 that the first COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered in Ohio. Shipments of 975 doses were delivered this morning to both The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus and UC Health in Cincinnati. Several...
Fake E-Mail Alleging to Be from the Secretary of State’s Office Tells Recipients to “Validate” Their Profile COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose is alerting Ohio businesses about a phishing email that started today and warning recipients not to click a...
“Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” ~Plautus Deadline Approaching: Group Retrospective Enrollment for Upcoming July 1, 2021 Policy Year The deadline to enroll in Group Retrospective Rating with CareWorks Comp for the upcoming July 1, 2021 policy year is...
No matter what challenges you’re facing, Sedgwick is with you every step of the way. As the parent company of the CompManagement and CareWorks companies, we are here for you. We’re keeping up with shifting trends, updating you on the latest news, sharing resources and...
Governor Mike DeWine this week urged Ohioans to double down on their efforts to take safety precautions as the COVID-19 pandemic increases its impact across Ohio. “As COVID-19 continues to spread in Ohio, we need a stronger response to minimize the impact on Ohio’s...
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and Lt. Governor Jon Husted today provided the following updates on Ohio's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. STATEWIDE CURFEW Governor DeWine announced today that the Ohio Department of Health will be issuing a 10 p.m. to 5...
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, on 11/13/2020, announced that Ohio Department of Health Interim Director Lance Himes signed a health order to enforce mask-wearing in retail locations across the state in compliance with the statewide mandatory mask order...
COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) today announced the process for nonprofit organizations that serve low-income and at-risk Ohioans to apply for federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act grants. Up to $25...
NEW ZIP CODE DASHBOARD On November 12th, Governor DeWine announced the creation of a new zip code dashboard. Ohioans can now view data from their local communities and filter data by probable or confirmed case status, county, a specific zip code, or a specific time...
As the weather turns colder and social distancing mandates remain in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, many service industry partners who previously utilized outdoor areas to allow patrons to spread out are now looking for ways to provide greater...
Governor DeWine Calls on Ohioans to Recommit to Safety Practices, Announces New Mask, Social Distancing Orders
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)— In a statewide address to Ohioans Wednesday evening, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine called on citizens to recommit to their individual efforts to prevent coronavirus spread as Ohio moves through its most intense, widespread, and dangerous surge of cases...
The Clinton County Board of Commissioners, in partnership with the Clinton County Port Authority, will be distributing financial assistance to aid small businesses in Clinton County in need of relief from the COVID- 19 crisis. Eligible small businesses can apply for...
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine was joined by Lt. Governor Jon Husted today to request the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) send up to $5 billion in dividends to Ohio employers to ease the continued financial impact from the COVID-19 pandemic....
BWC is hosting a number of occupational safety and health webinars and virtual classes in November including: Weekly Webinars - Combustible Dust Hazard Analysis – What Is It & How Can You Prepare for It? “Selling Safety” and Why It’s Important...