This page will be updated with new and relevant resources as they become available. If you have information you’d like to share with the Clinton County business community regarding Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCURATE COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- ODH Call Center: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (Staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day)
- Ohio’s Responsible RestartOhio Plan
Healthcare & Hospitals
DISASTER LOAN ASSISTANCE/ECONOMIC RELIEF:
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN:
- APPLY HERE: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
- INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DISASTER LOAN HERE
- Guide to the EIDL Loan for Small Businesses, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM:
- For a top-line overview of the program CLICK HERE
- The application for borrowers (businesses) can be found HERE
- If you’re a lender, more information can be found HERE
- If you’re a borrower (business), more information can be found HERE
EMPLOYEE RETENTION TAX CREDIT/TAX RELIEF:
- FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under the CARES Act, from the IRS
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit, by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Additional COVID-19 Tax Relief, from the IRS
OTHER RELIEF RESOURCES:
- Save Small Business Fund, from the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation (currently closed 4/21/20)
- Independent Contractor Guide, from the US Chamber of Commerce
- The Office of Small Business Relief (OSBR)
- JobsOhio and Bank Partners offer Expanded Lending Support
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits Resource Hubs
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits by Ohio Department of Job & Family Services
PAID SICK LEAVE AND FMLA:
- Information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-1 by the US Dept of Labor
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements: Fact Sheet for Employers
- Paid Leave Programs Guide for Employers, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
OTHER WORKFORCE RESOURCES:
- OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-1
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions by Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TOOLKIT:
- Small Business Reopening Playbook
- Reopening Business Digital Resources Center
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide – lots of great articles and resources for small businesses!
- Customizable Coronavirus Prevention Poster
- Guidance For Employers – Click here to download guidance for employers to plan and respond to the Coronavirus.
- Workplace Tips – For workplace tips and resources for employers to combat the virus, please click here.
- Corporate Aid Tracker – Click here to view our corporate aid tracker for details on how businesses are helping nationwide.
- Survey on Business Impact – To view business impact survey results from the American Chamber of Commerce in China, click here.
- Resilience in a Box – If your business needs help putting a plan in place, click here to use the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – For more resources, including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please click here.
LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL BUSINESS UPDATES AND RESOURCE ARTICLES:
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 30TH - APRIL 3RD
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 22ND - MARCH 27TH
- BLOG POSTS: MARCH 16TH - MARCH 20TH
- CARES Act Relief for Residential Landlords and Tenants
- BWC changes impacting employer programs
- Finance Fund Announces COVID-19 Emergency Response Loan
- COVID-19 Job Search Resource
- Ohio Stay at Home Order Extended Through May 1
- IRS Issues Guidance on Required Documentation Necessary to Obtain Tax Credits
- COVID-19 Checklist for Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures
- COVID-19 Update: PPE Manufacturing, Testing Order, Click and Connect, Foreclosure Prevention
- OhioMeansJobs-Clinton County is still available to assist during COVID-19
- IRS: Employee Retention Credit available for many businesses financially impacted by COVID-19
- March 27th WCC Chamber Digital Lunch And Learn Follow-up
- Chamber Member Discounts Savings and Services during COVID-19
- Stimulus Webinars for Businesses and Individuals
- An Update From State Senator Bob Peterson
- COVID-19 got employees stuck at home? Assign Online Safety Training!
- Don’t Let Thieves Snatch Your COVID-19 Stimulus Money
- Protecting the Essential Worker From COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Law Update: 3/30/2020
- BWC waives employer program requirements amid COVID-19 concerns
- OSHA’s Guidance on COVID-19 Planning
- Ohio Banks offering COVID Solutions to Customers
- Step-By-Step SBA Loan Application Video
- CARES Act Summary
- Personal Protective Equipment Needed; New COVID-19 Data Dashboard Unveiled
- UPDATE: SBA LOAN APPLICATION PROCESS
- SBA LOAN WEBINAR: RECAP & TIPS
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- BWC Updates: Claims while Working at Home & Telemedicine for Injured Workers
- What can private businesses do to help to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Workers’ Comp Guidelines for Work-at-Home Employees
- OHIO BUREAU OF WORKERS COMPENSATION DEFERRAL
- City of Wilmington COVID-19 Response Plan: 3/23/2020
- COVID-19 – Group Health Insurance Plans Important Updates
- EMA Seeking Volunteers
- NEW OHIO WEBSITE FOR BUSINESS RESOURCES
- STAY AT HOME ORDER EFFECTIVE 11:59PM, MARCH 23RD
- PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- TELEHEALTH FOR MEDICAID RECIPIENTS: 3/19/20
- Clinton County Updates: 3/20/20
- BWC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- RETRAINING OPTIONS FOR DISPLACED WORKERS
- County launches of the Coronavirus Response Hub—CovidCC.com
- Ohio Small Businesses Now Eligible for U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- AG Yost Warns of an Outbreak of Scams Related to Coronavirus
- COVID from an OSHA perspective: 3/23/20 Webinar
- Disaster Help Desk for Business
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program
- TechCred Program
- SharedWork Ohio Program: a Voluntary Layoff Aversion Initiative
- COVID STATEMENT FROM THE CLINTON CO. COMMISSIONERS: 3/17/20
- Here are 5 steps you can take today:
- Governor DeWine Announces Additional Temporary Business Closures: 3/18/20
- What Unemployment Benefits Are My Employees Eligible for Given the Changes Due to the Coronavirus?
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has issued a revised, borrower-friendly Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness application implementing the PPP Flexibility Act of 2020. Meanwhile, the deadline for applying for the Paycheck Protection Program...
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) this week reopened the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance program portal to all eligible applicants experiencing economic impacts because of COVID-19. SBA’s EIDL program offers long-term, low-interest...
Case Increases in Children and in Southwest Ohio, PPE Readiness Stockpile, Good Cause, OhioMeansJobs, Resuming Sports Phase II
SOUTHWEST OHIO CASE INCREASE: Governor DeWine announced today that although Ohio is seeing an overall declining number of COVID-19 cases, there is currently an uptick in cases in Southwest Ohio. Increases are being seen in Montgomery County, Greene County, Clark...
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that employers may not discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity in employment. This decision affects all employers with 15 or more employees. The decision was a response to three separate cases, all...
Testing Expansion, R0 in Ohio, Place of Worship Best Practices, New Role for Dr. Acton, ODJFS Employment/Training Grant
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, Lt. Governor Jon Husted, and Dr. Amy Acton, MD, MPH, provided the following updates on Ohio's response to the COVID-19 pandemic on June 11th. TESTING EXPANSION: Governor DeWine announced today that Ohio is expanding testing and encouraged...
When: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 | 11:00am ET More than just another webinar, this virtual roundtable series will facilitate opportunities to solve specific materials challenges from Great Lakes regional businesses that can lead to development of a more circular economy...
Lt. Governor Husted announced this week that the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) will receive an $8.5 million federal Employment Recovery National Dislocated Worker Grant to help re-employ individuals who lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19...
The proposed Sugartree Street Enhancement Conceptual Design & Development Plan which was presented at the June 4th Economic Network Alliance meeting. The Plan is available on the Clinton County Regional Planning Commission website...
BWC’s Education and Training Services continues its live webinar series with OSHA Knocks on the Door presented from 1 to 2 pm on Thursday, August 20. Learn the who, what, where, when and why of an OSHA visit and how to prepare accordingly. This webinar will be...
On June 5, 2020, President Trump signed into law the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 (the Flexibility Act), which made some key changes to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) created by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the...
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced the reopening of certain facilities including certain entertainment facilities with health and safety restrictions. “As I’ve said, Ohioans are able to do two things at once. We can continue to limit the spread of...
Lt. Governor Jon Husted announced the creation of three programs to help small and medium-sized businesses in Ohio during the COVID-19 pandemic. The programs outlined below will be administered by the Ohio Development Services Agency. Ohio small businesses can learn...
It is time for the Clinton County Community Action Program, Inc. to complete our Community Assessment. This assessment will help us to identify the strengths and needs in the community, which in turn will allow us to tailor our services to best serve those needs. One...
OHIO DISPARITY: Governor DeWine announced today that he is intensifying efforts in Ohio to improve issues of health and economic disparities, racism, and inequity. "I am seeking dialogue to solve these problems and seeking strategies for the implementation of...
“The secret of patience is doing something else in the meantime.” ~Spanish proverb We all know that the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an escalating global health concern. We also recognize that a widespread outbreak could place increased demands on our capacity...
On May 27, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) launched a webpage to provide construction employers and workers with guidance on coronavirus in the workplace. The actions are recommended in order to reduce the risk of exposure to the...
Governor DeWine announced that the following orders have been signed by Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton: Director’s Updated and Revised Order for Business Guidance and Social Distancing Director's Order that Rescinds the Director's Order that the Sale of...
May 28, 2020 COLUMBUS – Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced today the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) is deferring the due date for employers to pay their June, July, and August premium installments until Sept.1. Governor DeWine said the deferral is...
Next application period begins Monday, June 1st Today Lt. Governor Jon Husted announced that 150 Ohio companies have been approved for TechCred funding, which will help them upskill their current and incoming workforce to meet the needs of the increasingly...
PHARMACY TESTING: Governor DeWine announced today that the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy has clarified rules that allow pharmacists to order and administer tests for COVID-19. "As frontline health care providers, pharmacies are critical in our state’s response to...