The Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber Ambassador Club is an exclusive group of volunteer business professionals who will utilize their leadership and networking skills to serve as liaison between the Chamber, its members, and the community.
Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities:
Working in collaboration with the Chamber Board and Staff, Ambassador Club roles include attendance at Chamber and member events, assistance with membership retention and recruitment, and advocacy for the Chamber and its mission through a variety of opportunities and incentives. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to develop new contacts on a professional level, building a successful network for themselves and their business. The Club will meet a minimum of four times per year to network, report activity,
For employers, encouraging an employee to participate in the Chamber Ambassador Club shows that the employee’s contributions to the business are valued. For small business owners, participation in the Club is a great way to develop new contacts and gain a new perspective about your business and how it fits into the community as a whole.
Participation in the Ambassador Club will be tracked through a point system, driven by service to our members. Examples of the point system include (full list will be given at Ambassador training):
- Attendance at quarterly Ambassador meetings: 25 points/meeting
- Attendance at Chamber Annual events (Luncheon, Chamber Clay, Benefits Fair, etc.): 75 points/event
- Assistance with Chamber Annual events (Luncheon, Chamber Clay, Benefits Fair, etc.): 150 points/event
- Attendance at monthly Chamber events (Lunch and Learn, Economic Network Alliance, etc): 25 points/event
- Attendance at member events (ribbon cuttings, After Hours, cash mobs, etc.): 50 points/event
- “Bring a Friend” to any event: 10 points per person per event
- New member welcome call/visit: 100 points each
- Member retention call/visit: 100 points each
- Shared member posts on social media: 5 points per share
- Company Annual Sponsorship: Bronze 25pts, Silver 50 pts, Gold 100 pts, Platinum 250 pts
- Recruitment of new members: 250 points/member
A minimum of 100 points per quarter will be required to remain active in the Ambassador Club.
- Ambassadors must be a member or employed by a WCC Chamber member in good standing.
- Ambassador Membership is by application and approval. Ambassadors are selected for dependability, integrity, energy, and communication skills. Applications are reviewed as needed by a committee consisting of the Ambassador Chair, Chamber Executive Board members, and staff.
- Ambassador Membership shall be no more than 12 persons. A waitlist will be maintained as needed.
- The term for an Ambassador is one calendar year. During this term, an Ambassador may be an active member until the individual wishes to resign or is terminated for lack of performance.
- Ambassadors that meet or exceed requirements may reapply for additional terms.
Each Ambassador will be highlighted on the Chamber website and will be introduced at Chamber events. We will provide special Ambassador name tags to be worn at Chamber events. Ambassadors will also each have their business featured as “Business of the Week” at some point during the year.
Any Ambassador who reaches 1,000 points within a calendar year will receive a $50 gift card to the chamber member business of their choice or admission to the 2021 Chamber Annual Luncheon (their choice), plus be recognized in press releases, social media, newsletters, and more!
The Ambassador receiving the most points throughout the year will be honored on stage at the Annual Chamber Banquet as Ambassador of the Year, and will also be recognized through the above listed outlets.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE and return to the Chamber of Commerce, 21 North South Street, downtown Wilmington, by Friday, January 3rd, 2020. Ambassadors and first quarterly meeting/training date will be announced in January. Contact 937-382-2737 or email@example.com for questions or more information.